The factory manufactured items for the Sperry and Hutchins trading stamp stores.
The company made toilet articles, mirrors, combs, clocks, brushes, table and flatware, tea sets, children's cups, loving cups (trophies), candlesticks, fruit baskets, dishes, basically anything which was plated by or made of silver.
Special orders were constantly commissioned as well.
The Derby Silver Company's building remains intact on Bridge Street in Shelton.
The building had served as an automobile muffler factory, and during World War II manufactured bombsight optics.
In 1949 it was bought by the Sponge Rubber Products Company. The large smokestack that served the Silver Company was torn down in October of 1961.